How to follow the Curly Girl Method
Trade your damaging habit in for a healthy hair regimen.
What to Avoid:
- Avoid Shampoo
- Avoid Heat
- Avoid Comb & Brushes
- Avoid Fragrance
- Avoid Sulfates
- Avoid Non-Water Soluble Silicones
- Avoid Alcohol
Step 1: Cleanse
Gently stimulate the entire scalp with fingertips (no nails) & conditioner.
- Cleanse once a week. You can use regular shampoo, but condition before & after.
- Cleanse once a week or every 10 days cowash with water & conditioner.
- Cleanse as little as possible. In between cowash days, wet your hair & go straight to Step 2.
Our Favorite Shampoos here.
Step 2: Condition
Smooth conditioner over all hair in sections.
- You can leave a little bit of conditioner in, don't rinse all the way.
- You can rinse or leave the conditioner in, depending on your hair.
- Wrap your hair & apply heat for 15 minutes for a moisture boost. Rinse completely to avoid a film.
Our Favorite Conditioners here.
Step 3: Day & Style
Bend Forward & blot dry by cupping curls in a towel, them air-dry. In a hurry, Diffuse. Scrunch gel from ends towards the scalp, clip the roots for lift.
- For Curlier hair, do extra scrunching or pin curls.
- When hair is completely dry, flip forward & fluff to create lift.
- Wash & go with the Rake and shake method
Have you tried this method?